MainNews

ISIS claims 2nd Saudi mosque attack

For the second time in as many weeks, ISIS has claimed it’s behind a deadly attack on a Shiite mosque in eastern Saudi Arabia.

The latest happened shortly after noon (5 a.m. ET) Friday outside the Imam Hussein mosque in Dammam, a coastal city about 70 kilometers (45 miles) from the Persian Gulf island nation of Bahrain, a Saudi source with detailed knowledge of the investigation said.

The attacker — dressed in traditional female clothing as a cover-up — had been challenged by Shiites who had volunteered to search those going into the mosque in the wake of the previous week’s attack on the Imam Ali mosque in the village of Qudayh, according to the source.

The bomber then set off explosives — killing himself and three Shiite worshipers, the source said.

A Saudi Interior Ministry spokesman gave a slightly different account, saying “security authorities” went up to a suspicious vehicle as it was parking adjacent to the mosque, according to the official Saudi Press Agency.

Read More at CNN